Re: Proposed Pricing Schedule

Fiasco wrote:

One question. If someone funds say 3 individual campaigns, is there a mechanism for them to upgrade to one of the packages?

Not in Indiegogo's system. Whether or not you can bribe James into doing the spreadsheet work to make your donations across multiple campaigns additive is up to James. tongue

Why is the $100 grab bag level random?  I'd do that one in a heartbeat if, when the campaigns are over, you asked the grab baggers to help pick instead of five at random.  I'd much rather see some other stuff get funded that's close than some random thing that didn't get anywhere near the goal.

Beedo wrote:

Why is the $100 grab bag level random?  I'd do that one in a heartbeat if, when the campaigns are over, you asked the grab baggers to help pick instead of five at random.  I'd much rather see some other stuff get funded that's close than some random thing that didn't get anywhere near the goal.

Even with the grab bag, all the money goes to just the project you pick the perk on. The actual money isn't spread around.

I took the plunge and pledged yesterday for the Gardening Faithful, putting my money down on Jeff Rients's adventure 'Broodmother Sky Fortress'. I chose that option because I think James is right that we should try and get some of the adventures funded in full and, with a bit of luck, people will see the risk is lower overall and buy into the whole scheme.

Like others (I suspect), I want to up my buy-in for the The Gardening Collector/The Collecting Faithful option later in the month as things pick up and a number of adventures are funded. You've already indicated, James, that we should use the Upsell option to increase our pledges to the chosen level by adding the difference, but only on the same adventure we've originally pledged on.  I suppose my question is this: if the adventure we've originally put money down on is funded in full, would it be a major hassle for you, James, if the extra Upsell money was added to a separate adventure, particularly if that was going to help it reach the funding goal?  Is that a complete no-no?

There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.
Google+ profile

Brian L wrote:

You've already indicated, James, that we should use the Upsell option to increase our pledges to the chosen level by adding the difference, but only on the same adventure we've originally pledged on.  I suppose my question is this: if the adventure we've originally put money down on is funded in full, would it be a major hassle for you, James, if the extra Upsell money was added to a separate adventure, particularly if that was going to help it reach the funding goal?  Is that a complete no-no?

It's not a complete no-no as I will be cross-referencing lists because I expect there to be a number of people who don't follow instructions. smile But I fear if this was something everyone did and dozens (or, cross fingers, hundreds) of people did it, it would increase the likelihood of fulfillment errors when it's time to ship out.

JimLotFP wrote:
Brian L wrote:

You've already indicated, James, that we should use the Upsell option to increase our pledges to the chosen level by adding the difference, but only on the same adventure we've originally pledged on.  I suppose my question is this: if the adventure we've originally put money down on is funded in full, would it be a major hassle for you, James, if the extra Upsell money was added to a separate adventure, particularly if that was going to help it reach the funding goal?  Is that a complete no-no?

It's not a complete no-no as I will be cross-referencing lists because I expect there to be a number of people who don't follow instructions. smile But I fear if this was something everyone did and dozens (or, cross fingers, hundreds) of people did it, it would increase the likelihood of fulfillment errors when it's time to ship out.

Yes, I completely understand that. I guess I'd only considered the implications of a few dozen people putting bigger upsells (in the hundreds of dollars - hopefully!) into a particular adventure to get it to fund, rather than hundreds of people putting adding much smaller level upsells across a whole range of adventures. I can see that therein lies chaos!

There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.
Google+ profile

Suppose there are 2 - 4 adventures I'm interested in now (true). If I fund all four, am I locked out of the higher options? Suppose I contribute $20 to each of the four now, and later feel that three will fund and the fourth will not. If I want to upgrade to "The Faithful" at that time, would I
a) tip in $120 extra to one of the projects which will be funded
b) tip in $160 extra to one of the projects
c) tip in $120 to a new project
d) purchase The Faithful for $180 in a new project?

(while understanding that if I miscalculate what is going to fund, too bad for me)

Honestly, this campaign is almost defined by analysis paralysis for me. On the one hand, I like the idea of the grab bag. Pick one project I know I want and let fate dictate the rest. On the other hand, I may as well pick five projects I like for $100 as six random for the same amount.

The real answer is a) or c). I'd be a complete dick (and a fool) to say otherwise.

It's one place where the IndieGoGo really is inferior to Kickstarter since Kickstarter allows changing a contribution freely until the end of the campaign. But it's what I have to deal with.