Topic: What would Calcidius do?

Hey everyone i am new here! but i have a question!

I Was running tower of the stargazer last night with my group. After leaving poor old Calcidius still trapped they successfully bumbled their way around the tower. Now Being a nosy group of adventures they decided that piles of gold weren't enough and they wanted more answers from Calcidius. Of course the old wizard did not oblige and In their frustration and may i add stupidity they attacked him, putting a smile on the old mans face as they free'ed him.  Being 1st level characters he quite easily cast sleep and now i have 6 sleeping adventurers and being late decided to end it there for the night.

So looking for ideas and opinions on where to go from here? Do i have them wake on the tables in the basement being vivisected and hand them new character sheets and tell them to get rolling or do i create a scenario that may allow a chance no matter how slim for at least one or two of them to escape.

What do you think Calcidius would do with 6 sleeping adventurers?

Re: What would Calcidius do?

You lucky bastard!

Perhaps he'll use them as test subjects and blast them all off to Carcosa with his giant Telescope? It's what I would do... and it gives you an excellent excuse to expose them to some massive weirdness.

Blogging about OSR at Deep Delving

They clearly didn't take the threat of an indeterminately powerful wizard seriously enough, so they should suffer for it! I would suggest coming up with a list of possible outcomes (4 or more) and let each player roll a die to see which one they get. Here's a couple suggestions:

-He needs a new servant to replace Argyle. He uses little or no magic to trap the character, instead relying on intimidation and the examples of what he does to the other characters.
-He totally wants to see what happens when he sends the character to the strange planet (which happens to be Carcosa).
-He needs fresh specimens for his experiments in the basement.
-He takes the character to the ghost's room and announces "Good news Rufus! We have a volunteer!" and either 1) you play a game of skill with that player that they have no idea how to play, or 2) Calcidius just uses magic to replace the ghost with the character.
-He offers the character a chance to work off their 'debt'. Choose a task that's almost guaranteed to kill them, such as polish the metal spikes on the roof (~2 hours to complete). If they live to complete the task, they're free to go.

Thanks Guys, some great ideas! i am currently leaning towards the idea of sending the party off to some strange planet for his experiments. Although ill make sure there is a way to open a portable back if they can find it. Although such a portal would require the sacrifice of at least one of the party to do so smile