Topic: Gushing about the new releases

I'm not on G+ so this is as good a place as any to state how pleased I am with what the mailman dragged in this morning.

I already read NSFW in PDF a while ago. Solid fun with a videogame-y premise and an opportunity for the players to change the world.

Tower of the Stargazer. Never read this before because I've been waiting to get my hands on a physical copy. Was not disappointed. Some of the Referee tips are surprisingly useful even for someone with a bit of experience. Definitely a good little book to ground me in the olden tymes LotFP way of gaming even in the middle of this storm of authors and styles that is Raggi's current business.

Death Frost Doom is, well, Death Frost Doom. A classic made even better. And oh man that illustration work.

And then there's A Red and Pleasant Land. Still trying to work out how to integrate the world itself into our ongoing campaign. In the meantime, there are a lot of cool little rules and tables that are definitely going to be used as soon as possible. Vornheim was a bit too specific for me to use at the table, but a lot of the stuff in RPL is pretty easy to tweak to reflect any quirky, war-torn land. Plus the physical book itself is amazing. It's like a Carcosa that I can actually find use for at the table.

Didn't get The Idea from Space. Should I regret this?

Re: Gushing about the new releases

Sword Lake wrote:

Didn't get The Idea from Space. Should I regret this?

With every fibre of your being.

You people are all alike, you march in here, young, try and touch the local things.
I suppose next you'll be spraying me with one of those cans of paint, smearing poor Tubbs here with excrement.

I also did not get "The Idea Out of Space" and now I'm filled with regret. :-(

But DAMN do my other books rock! :-)

I'm still confused why anybody wouldn't buy a LotFP book when given the chance! wink

I too am gushing this morning, my first order came in. I wasn't quite sure what to expect in terms of quality of print but I am well impressed. Will definitely be ordering more physical LotFP products in the future.

No Salvation for Witches is incredibly beautiful as well.   Also, I was particularly impressed with Scenic Dunnsmouth.

Of course, everything is great, but the above are the standouts for me, along with Red and Pleasant Land.

Last edited by Crunk Posby (2015-01-15 06:36:05)

I ordered God that Crawls just recently and it just oozes the sort of ambience and dungeon crawling feel I haven't really felt since the Death frost Doom. I really have to run it. It really gets me the feeling to blast Morbid Angel's Where the Slime Live at gaming table.

Last edited by MutieMoe (2015-03-20 15:23:31)