Topic: Grinding Gear Trivia

In the version I ran at home (both the early 2008 Vaasa version and the early 2009 Helsinki version), there were three dungeon levels, not two. The "extra" level of the dungeon was in between the two included in the module.

It was rather unremarkable in every way, but for two. The map was drawn to be a mapper's nightmare, with lots of odd angles and asymmetrical rooms. I am still going to keep that idea locked away in my brain, but it's got to mean something in the end. Making mapping hard just for the purpose of making mapping hard would have fit the theme of this dungeon perfectly, but aside from the map and one room, the level was meaningless.

In that one room, I put a weird monster in it each time I ran it. My idea, when I had this adventure in my folder before I started publishing "for real," was to release the adventure and generate a different monster (using the Creature Generator) in that room for each individual copy sold. Then I'd sit back and see how long it took people to figure out that nobody had an identical module.

It seemed like a cool idea when I was releasing things that sold a couple dozen copies... but it's just not feasible now.

Re: Grinding Gear Trivia

JimLotFP wrote:

My idea, when I had this adventure in my folder before I started publishing "for real," was to release the adventure and generate a different monster (using the Creature Generator) in that room for each individual copy sold. Then I'd sit back and see how long it took people to figure out that nobody had an identical module.

Oh, now that would be a lot of fun. Can you imagine the level of confusion and even hostility in the initial internet talk? "What are you talking about? The monster can't heat metal! Put. the crack pipe. down." lol