Topic: So, what *is* that thing on the table anyway?

I want to know.
I found the contest but not the result.
Little help?

Re: So, what *is* that thing on the table anyway?

Apparently there was a contest to identify the three-eyed, tentacled, haloed statuette on the table in the header image for this forum.
What were the results of that contest?

Legion wrote:

Apparently there was a contest to identify the three-eyed, tentacled, haloed statuette on the table in the header image for this forum.

It's a suppository.

littlemute wrote:
Legion wrote:

It's a suppository.

Why would you suppose that?

You people are all alike, you march in here, young, try and touch the local things.
I suppose next you'll be spraying me with one of those cans of paint, smearing poor Tubbs here with excrement.

Not officially of course, but in my mind it is:

The Lost Idol of Apotheosis.

Whoever truly accepts the idol as their own becomes a god-like being of both Law and Chaos,advancing as a Mage, Cleric and Fighter simultaneously, and being affected both positively and negatively by both aspects. The catch is that the owner must kill everyone that they know before assuming the mantle of god-hood. To facilitate this, the idol promotes discord by requiring Wisdom checks every time there is a hint of an argument in the idol's presence. Upon failure the argument escalates to loud shouting.  Two rounds later another Wisdom check at -2 is made. If this fails, the affected parties fall to fisticuffs. After four rounds of bare-handed fighting, another Wisdom check, this time at -4 is made. If this one fails, the affected parties draw weapons and go at it until all but one is dead. The victor can then accept the idol and become a fledgling god!
If the new god encounters someone they knew previously, they must kill the person within one day or else the new god loses one point from every attribute each day until they either kill the person in which case they immediately return to normal, or any attribute is reduced to 0, in which case the former new god is immediately consumed in flames and dies, leaving the idol sitting in the pile of ashes.