Topic: Module B5 with Lamentations rules

Here's a link to a post on a camping excursion where we played Horror on the Hill using the LoTFP rules. It went quite well:

http://mraaktagon.com/courage-mongoloid

As an aside, at Gencon there were no LoTFP games @_@.
I saw two other people with LoTFP shirts, one with Alice and the other one with the red haired lady herself.  One dude was running a game and had the Carcosa book open!   He was running Traveller where the PC's had crashed on Carcosa.  That's cooking with gas.  The other dude was just walking around being cool.

We hung around the Dungeon Crawl Classics booth (I picked up the random creature generator on paper which is awesome).  The games of DCC (both the tournament game with people entering and leaving when they were killed and the Michael Curtis game) were totally sold out and slammed, even with the tournament being a walk up, we were not able to get in after 2-3 hours of waiting.

So, even with D&D 5 out (and being not bad) and Pathfinder everywhere (where you had to wait in line to go into their booth this year...) and 13th Age of course kicking both their asses, I think there is a definite and solid desire for the OSR stuff among the 35+ set.

Needless to say, someone needs to run a game next year!

Re: Module B5 with Lamentations rules

It is entirely my intention to go to Gencon next year (for the first time) and run a LotFP game.

Re: Module B5 with Lamentations rules

DO IT. It's a HOT MESS these days-- nothing like the Milwaukee days, nor the first years in Indy-- there were shocking amounts of people this year, they are building FOUR new hotels just for that convention.  Any LoTFP game will sell out within seconds of the event sign ups:  All Runequest 6, DCC, 13th Age events were booked full in less than a minute.