Topic: Best Halloween Module?

So... what do you think is the best LotFP module for Halloween?

1. Death Frost Doom
2. Death Love Doom
3. Forgive Us

These three seem like the most obvious choices. What about other publishers?

I want to Referee something for Halloween. I would rather save Death Frost Doom for when I can get my hands on the new hardcover book and have time to make it a multiple-session affair. Your thoughts?

Re: Best Halloween Module?

I would toss in a vote for NSFW, as well.

I don't have Death Frost Doom, so I can't really say. I'm going to order the new edition, though, now that it's out!
Death Love Doom is fantastic. I got it at drivethruRPG.com/ where it is currently Pay What You Want, and it's been a lot of fun to read. It's definitely very much a "house of horrors", and would be great for Halloween.
I own a physical copy of Forgive Us, but haven't yet read it.

I think that Scenic Dunnsmouth would make a fantastic Halloween module, although it's longer than a single session. It also has more of an eerie, "what-the-hell-is-going-on-here" vibe to it, but it's on a bit of a slow burn. It has a great Halloween atmosphere, but may not deliver the fast-paced what-the-fuckery of Death Love Doom.

All in all, the PWYW Death Love Doom is probably the best bet. Let us know what you think if you run it!

Zoroaster wrote:

I don't have Death Frost Doom, so I can't really say. I'm going to order the new edition, though, now that it's out!
Death Love Doom is fantastic. I got it at drivethruRPG.com/ where it is currently Pay What You Want, and it's been a lot of fun to read. It's definitely very much a "house of horrors", and would be great for Halloween.
I own a physical copy of Forgive Us, but haven't yet read it.

I think that Scenic Dunnsmouth would make a fantastic Halloween module, although it's longer than a single session. It also has more of an eerie, "what-the-hell-is-going-on-here" vibe to it, but it's on a bit of a slow burn. It has a great Halloween atmosphere, but may not deliver the fast-paced what-the-fuckery of Death Love Doom.

All in all, the PWYW Death Love Doom is probably the best bet. Let us know what you think if you run it!

I think it's no coincidence that Death Love Doom is PWYW for October.  It's also one that I read later on in the catalog and I was still surprised by how disturbing some of the parts were.  So I second this vote!

For thematic effect (and one that's off the beaten path), how about Tales of the Scarecrow?

I think Death Frost Doom is great, but also long for a single session (I also "led in" DFD with the first episode of No Dignity in Death and the players going through Pembrooktonshire, so it made the threat even more real as they became attached to some of the interesting patrons of the town.)