Topic: Free RPG day sort of sucked this year.

Why? You guessed it: no LotFP adventure!  What's more, no DCC or any OSR modules of note (Castles and Crusades was the only one I saw and I don't even know what that is).  DCC had a nice GM screen, and Goodman had a 5th Edition module (but it was for 12th level !?) but other than that it was not an ideal day for free...

Re: Free RPG day sort of sucked this year.

Agreed, especially compared to last year: I went to two different shops where they were basically like, "Yeah, take whatever you want," which was pretty damn awesome (and I went to the second shop b/c the guy in front of me got the only copy of Godfall at the first place...)

This year, neither of those places were participating, so I had to drive to a different place where I could choose "two things."  (Luckily my wife happened to be with me, so I got the DCC screen, the We Be Goblins Free, and Through the Breach, plus a DCC screen for my friend).  I think the sad thing was that I didn't care that much about not getting a whole bunch of stuff...because it wasn't too exciting.

Also, last year I knew I was getting the Kickstarter version of Doom-Cave, which actually was enough to make Free RPG an awesome thing even if hadn't gotten all that other stuff! smile

Re: Free RPG day sort of sucked this year.

The store I went to used the occasion to have a 1-day sale of old RPG books for $1 each. So, I made out like a bandit.